Friday, May 22, 2009

Might as well be my namesake....

I generally don't like to post anything while I'm at work because I'd like to prevent any bad habits from forming, but I couldn't help myself today, now. I was just plugging away on my PCI RNA extraction, listening to my man Erwin McManus preach on one of the beautitudes, and BAM! Erwin, maybe more specifically, I think God, spoke to me. I mean, yes, it is truth, and yes, it is a good idea communicated effectively- but this was for me. He met ME. And Erwin brought the HEAT for the entire message.

"It seems God measures you less by what you do, but more by what you desire..."

That isn't entirely new to anyone who has been around the church for very long, but it was definitely a reminder. Right NOW, what do I crave? What do I feel like I couldn't go another second without? Is there anything I plan my day around? When I'm lying in bed, what do I hope for for tomorrow?

Everyday holds something new to me, Jesus claims we should seek out righteousness and faithfulness in everything, especially in our thoughts.

I'll let you guess which beautitude he was discussing, but given the title of the blog, it shouldn't take too long to figure out...



----------------
Now playing: Erwin McManus - Blessed Are Those Who Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment