Thursday, June 4, 2009

D-Now, 2009 Edition

It's thursday, THURSDAY. You know what that means? It means tomorrow is FRIDAY! Ya know, the day the weekend begins?! I don't suspect this weekend will be like just any other weekend though. No, it probably won't. For the past two years I've been traveling to Gainesville UMC in mid-spring/summer to help Drew orchestrate a weekend of Godly shenanigans for his kids.

This year, the kiddies from UBC will be joining the youth at GUMC to spend a weekend in fellowship, service, and worship. I always finish these weekends feeling alive and refreshed, and I pray everyone that is coming this year feels the same new life I've felt in the past. I know God has something new to say to me, and I can't wait to hear what it is. Sometimes I think God suprises me and says things in the most unlikely of places, but other times, when I'm expecting and looking for Him, he speaks. I love how faithful He is. Things are going to be a little different this year. It is going to be a smaller group and not a full band. I think I'm going to enjoy this arrangement better though, it'll be much more intimate and communal. My wife will also be there to help lead the girls. I get to lead the middle school boys this year. I had them last year too. Oh yay. It's always fun trying to keep everyone focused on conversation about Jesus in the midst of competitive, hormonal middle-schoolers who are just learning that women can be desired and are just beyond their grasp.

Aight, it will be awesome, but for now...I gotta go watch MEN vs. Wild, with Will Ferrell...UH-OH!!!


----------------
Now playing: Misty Edwards - Favorite One
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment