Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And I thought today was going to be normal.....

After only a year of marriage, I've learned lots of things about women. Jordan is incredibly understanding, and I love how she takes time to explain to me, her stupid husband, why she feels the way she does. However, from the beginning, even before "I do," I've known one commandment that is never to be broken. Above all things, never stand between Jordan and chocolate. It doesn't matter if you haven't eaten all day- or all week, give her the last brownie. They may look like just a bunch of crumbs to you, but don't even think about tossing them because to her, they are GOLD nuggets. If it's 10:00pm and she wants to bake a batch of brownies to munch on- don't say anything, just enjoy the fruits when she's done. And if you bought several brownie batter boxes a week ago, don't expect to actually see brownies made out of all the boxes, apparently a voracious appetite for chocolate can't always wait for an oven at 450 to cook the dark deliciousness....

But last night, something strange happened. It was 10:33 and Jordan had just fixed up the best brownies I've ever had- Betty Hines' Chocolate Chunk. I served her up a nice phat brownie, you know, the kind that almost covers the plate. I threw some mint chocolate chip ice cream on mine and we started chowin' down. I was eating so hard and the brownie was so good I don't know if I was even aware of Jordan slowly eating her brownie. About five minutes later (I know, who woulda thought her brownie would've survived that long), she says, "I'm done," with two bites left.

I'm really glad we were watching Friends, otherwise she would've seen my hysterical face.

WHAT? Who? Where? How? You can't finish your Triple Chocolate Chunk brownie? What did I do? Do you still love me? I promise I will be better next time. Please don't hurt me, don't leave me....

I never thought that day would come, ever. And if it did, I thought it might look more like
. Except with Jordan holding a gnawed-off wooden handle wondering what happened to the plastic spatula. I guess there is an end to all good things (except God, course), even if it's only a break. I sure can't wait to get home for lunch and dig into those brownies that she left me though!

----------------
Now playing: Casting Crowns - While You Were Sleeping
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Joseph, it's either Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker, not Betty Hines! You can't have both! (Unless Jordan mixes boxes...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And please let the record show that Joseph himself ASKED me to bake those brownies last night; his decision, not mine :)

    ReplyDelete