Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Long Weekend and A Short Year


Wow, two blogaticals in two weeks (my first two weeks at that!)....but what a weekend! From visiting my Nana in the hospital, to celebrating my FIRST anniversary, to Memorial Day with the In-laws, I've been pretty busy being lazy. I'll only tell you about the anniversary, that is the only thing worth telling you about right now...

To celebrate our anniversary within the confines of our budget, we decided to eat at the Melting Pot!! The MP has always been a restaurant that we've saved for special occasions, and Sunday night was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. We tried a delicious Pinot Grigio with our Italian-themed meal. I am no viticulturist (like my bro!), but it was some incredible wine- fruity, but not sweet. Dry, but not nasty. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? I'll probably try to buy some if I can find it around here because I've never had a white like that. The chocolate fondue (the DISARONNO with milk chocolate) we chose was heavenly, in fact, it took an extra 7 brownies to polish it off. I guess I shouldn't mention the fact that I didn't get any of them :) The free champagne with dessert forced us into a 25% tip, but I wasn't really complaining...I was walking on the moon.

The best part of the entire evening was the company. Jordan and I have now been married over a year and I am still living the dream. I really doubt that I even know how to evaluate the success of something like marriage. When I sit back and reflect over the last year, I guess the only thing I can really conclude is... I married the right woman. I'd like to say she is perfect for me, but I don't know if I can state such a claim when I feel so unworthy of her- like I somehow deserve to spend the rest of my life with her, and have already spent an entire year with her as my bride.

She embodies so much that I desire to be. In fact, she is things that I've failed to be on several occasions. And if you ready my post on desires, you might know what I mean. From her patient understanding to her quick apologies, I only wish my natural inclinations jumped to self-evaluation and humility before self-defense and competition. Her servant heart only too often jumps at the opportunity to make dinner or clean up my mess such that I end up depending on her actions that should be special, not expected. Jordan is a partner in every sense of the word and I pray that over the years, I start to look more like her than she like me...



Jordan, your light-hearted and loving spirit is a blessing to live with and I pray that God will bless US in the future, but I am incredibly grateful for the 367 days of blessing I've already been gifted.


----------------
Now playing: Jim Brickman - love of my life
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment