Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time Alone


With Jordan in Tallahassee, I just don't know what to do with myself! It's like someone has robbed me of the one thing I couldn't do without. Just come and sucked the life-force out of me. When I get home after a long day's work and need some encouragement (and nourishment)- she's not there to greet me with that gorgeous smile or delicious dinner. It's gut check time, I don't think I ever took her royal treatment for granted- but I definitely don't now because I've eaten through the leftovers and it's Kraft Mac & Cheese for me tonight.

Nor is she here to come watch me compete in all the sports I'm now playing during the evening. With soccer on Wednesdays, frisbee on Thursdays, and softball on Fridays (and golf this week), who is going to be my cheering squad? I mean, am I going to have to focus during the games now that I don't have a beautiful distraction on the sidelines? I hope a certain level of performance isn't expected of me....

The worst part of it all, when I climb into bed tonight, I don't think I'm going to know what to do. So much space for just little ole me... lying there cold and alone, just staring off into the cold empty apartment. Do I need five pillows? Well, yes...they make a better blanket than a real blanket, but now that I can actually use them I don't know what to do them. I wonder if she misses me more than I miss her. Nah, she can't.

The only upside, the only thing I might be able to appreciate with Jordan being away is that I can multi-task finally! Tonight, when I get home after frisbee, I can watch TV AND play guitar. If I want to read a book with something on in the background (be it movie or music), I CAN! None of this is ever crucial or important, but I don't have to be as courteous as when Jordan remains home.

Honeymoon pix always pull me out of a funk!


Man, that was FUN!


----------------
Now playing: Erwin McManus - Is There a Hell?
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment