Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Delicious Dinner


Last night Jordan prepared one of the best meals I've ever tasted. The fun company and extra thoughtfulness made it all the more enjoyable. About a month ago Jordan and I visited Mellow Mushroom, our old lunch-date locale. We hadn't been there in a while because we could only handle so much grease, and they had reformatted their menus (and raised the prices!), but also made a few additions. We chose "The Caesar!"! We've been back several times since then just to get this one pizza.
Well, because we began April with the news that we owed the government a couple thousand dollars, we decided we would try to not eat out as much and pinch pennies (albeit, we are pretty stingy as it is!). In fact, our pantry is running empty on anything that you could actually throw together to make a meal, and there isn't any meat in the fridge other than some leftover Easter ham. But about 3:30 yesterday afternoon, per usual, Jordan G-chatted me and said she was going to be leaving at her regular time and had a dinner surprise for me. Long story short, IT WAS! She looked up how to make my current favorite pizza and put it all together nice and pretty. It was actually a little better in my opinion because I didn't feel guilty about eating all the grease hidden under the caesar salad (there wasn't any grease!) AND it was a wheat crust! Most of all though, she identified something that I really enjoy and found a way to make it for me. I am so blessed to have a wife that wants to know me, that pays attention to me, and is willing to serve me and I hope I can be found as faithful when it comes time to clean the apartment!

1 comment:

  1. Homemade pizza is the best!!! Go Jordan!

    We make one with no tomato sauce, but a little olive oil instead and olives, feta, artichokes or spinach, maybe some diced tomatoes, garlic, fresh oregano and basil! Yummo!

    ReplyDelete