Friday, July 24, 2009

The big day


Tonight, I get to see a battle of epic proportions. For two months now I've been awaiting this day and it is FINALLY upon us! I've only been to two live MLS soccer matches, but tonight marks my indoctrination into European football. In just over an hour, I'm leaving for Baltimore to watch Chelsea topple the Italian greats, A.C. Milan. Last time I went to D.C. to watch Chelsea play D.C. United in what was an action-packed game. I even got to say, "what's up?" to Christian Gomez (we aren't really best buds, ie. he isn't actually telling me how awesome I am in this picture...). Chelsea even warmed-up right in front of us, which blew my mind. Am I really this close to John McFriggin Terry? Is that Didier Drogba?!? WHAT? Who? Frank Lampard?!
Our seats aren't as great this time, but it is going to be a FULL stadium and it is going to be bouncin'. I can't wait, I just hope the DC traffic doesn't get in my way, LOOK OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment