Thursday, June 11, 2009

What the...?

Believe it or not, I lead a fairly boring life.
I admit, it is of my own accord.

As much as I enjoy the idea of adventure, more often than not I choose routine and organization instead of pure, unadulterated freedom. I'm not sure if that is what this post about, but I think it does explain why I think it is cool.
Apparently one of the new things to do is the 'flash mob.' My friend at work (Julie- who I'm trying to coerce into blogging...kind of) told me she saw it on the show Weeds and then found various other examples on youtube. It is exactly what it sounds like- a combination of 'flash flood' and 'mob.' A bunch of people gradually (or suddenly) congregate in a random location and unexpectedly breaking out and just break it down. VERY EXCITING.

I'll admit, when she first told me about it a couple of days ago, I shrugged my shoulders. Big deal. Who cares? That's silly, no, stupid. Then I watched it and my cynical attitude immediately shifted to a longing to participate. After watching the excitement on the dancers' faces and sharing the confusion with the innocent bystanders, I decided who wouldn't want to be involvedI? I mean really, gettin' low in front of perfect strangers just going about their day to bring a little laugh- what could be wrong with that? Who couldn't forget, even if just for a second, all that baggage they were carrying just to laugh and enjoy the moment. Mob is such a mean word, but I think this concept embodies the slogan, "live in the moment" and enjoy it. I hope I get the chance to do this some day- for LOTS of REASONS.

No comments:

Post a Comment